Re: [Help-smalltalk] Can't compile in Ubuntu 9.04

From: Joachim Jaeckel
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Can't compile in Ubuntu 9.04
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 13:45:36 +0200

1. Remove Lightning library (apt-get remove lightning) - can possibly be
worked around with a --disable flag, but I have not explored that route

That's true for me, I disabled the lightning option.

2. Then I need to run LIBTOOLIZE=`which true` autoreconf -vi

and installed the libtool-1.5.26 Version of the libtool package (which is available from Hardy-Heron - I think...)

The actual libtool-version in ubuntu is 2.26 and I've heard/read, that other packages have also problems with this newer version.

Debian - for instance - is relying on the older version currently and was not updating to this new one.

Regards,
Joachim.