Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: Using Smalltalk as a scripting language

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: Using Smalltalk as a scripting language
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 12:05:41 +0100

On 10/31/2009 02:43 AM, Roland Plüss wrote:
Nice try but this won't work. I have an engine pointer and therefore can
not use a singleton in c++ ( although in smalltalk it becomes one ).
Hence I am forced to work without any static class members there. The
only chance I have to get this working is to somehow inject the created
object into the class side variable. This would by itself work if the
oop I assign would actually show up in smalltalk. I don't know yet why
it stays nil. Did I obtain the wrong c pointer? Did I declare the class
side variable incorrectly?

No, you declared the Smalltalk struct incorrectly. If you cannot use a static class member, use a global variable in the module that implements the bindings. I just made it more clever than it needed to be.