[Help-smalltalk] Ideas for preference backend

From: Mathieu Suen
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Ideas for preference backend
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 09:47:07 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

Gwen and I are building a preference system for gst.
There is a couple of idea we've wanted to propose you.

1)First question is wether to use a XML, ini .. file or a file containing plain
smalltalk code.

2) If we chose to have a smalltlalk file acting like a ".emacs"  what kind of
"dsl" do you want to see
Proposition 1: a verbose but simple one
PrefConfiguration from: {
        PrefGroup name: 'GTK' with: {
        PrefSection name: 'font' with: {
            PrefValue name: 'size' value: 12.
            PrefValue name: 'style' value: 'italic'
        }.
        PrefSection name: 'color' with: {
            PrefSection name: 'windows'  with: {
                PrefColorValue name: 'background' value: 'EDE9E3'.
            }
        }
     }
}

Proposition 2: Less but more customizable one:
PrefConfiguration from: {
      'GTK' -> {
           'font' -> {
                'size' -> 12.