[Help-smalltalk] A Good Refactoring

From: Gwenael Casaccio
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] A Good Refactoring
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 23:31:18 +0200

Hi,

I've finished the state refactoring, there are maybe some regressions feel free to report bugs !!! I've done another code clean up, I've made an abstract class for the class browser widget, thus all the browsers (the classical browser, inspector, SUnit) reuse it.

For the next refactoring I want to remove the onFocusPerform:, a brief
explanation for those who don't know in VisualGST when you press Ctrl+B
Visual checks what widget has the focus before performing the command,
but Gtk allows to put shortcut at the widget level, unfortunately for each shortcut a new signal should be added; I plan to fix it soon
as possible. I've never liked it's time to kill it ;-)

I think after that they are no big changes in term of design (Paolo any
remarks?). Maybe polishing the tools: new icons, tooltip, ...

Another idea in mind, I want to extend the idea of hidden pane with such tools:
  - collaborative working
  - package info
- SUnit (display quickly all the tests of your package and the regressions)
  - ...

Cheers,
Gwen