Re: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk 3.2.4 for windows

From: Mario Ray Mahardhika
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk 3.2.4 for windows
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 01:08:55 +0800 (SGT)

> No, you're missing the import libraries for those.  They are .a files.
> Perhaps they are part of some msys package, or they're not on your
> search path?

Oh, the .a files. libopengl32.a, libglu32.a, libgdi32.a and libws2_32.a are in
MinGW's lib directory (compiler's default search path). They should work fine
because I can create OpenGL / socket programs without problems. Regarding zlib
and readline, I take the bundle prepared at official gtk website. Its bin
directory is in PATH, while its lib is in LIBRARY_PATH. It doesn't contain
libzlib.a, but zlib.lib. Since AFAIK they're compatible, I just create the
duplicate with different name. readline already has both libreadline.a and
libreadline.dll.a. Now I wonder what's wrong...