help-source-highlight

Re: [Help-source-highlight] Tinkering on Ksrc2html

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [Help-source-highlight] Tinkering on Ksrc2html
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2003 10:28:28 +0200

sorry forget the previous message: the message returned to me, because of the mailing list info-source-highlight where only I can post. While the message correctly arrived to the help-source-highlight mailing list :-)

cheers
        Lore

Martin Gebert wrote:
Hi all!

I need your help.
No, don't be afraid, it ain't much work. ;-)

If you know my KDE frontent for source-highlight, Ksrc2html <http://murphy.netsolution-net.de/Ksrc2.html>, you know that in the Color & Style dialog there are syntax samples to show the currently selected style for this syntax item (as available in the j2h files). These samples are C++ specific, and I want them to be dynamic, according to the chosen source language. If a kind of syntax item isn't available in the language, the whole row will be hidden (e. g. Python knows no code blocks, curly brackets are symbols).
The current sample texts are:

Normal:        argc
Keyword:    else
Type:        char
String:        "string"
Comment:    /*text*/
Number:        1234
Preproc:    #include
Symbol        <>+-
Function:    exit()
Block brackets:    {}

I now would like to know which of these items aren't supported by which source-highlight source type, and which sample text you'd suggest for the others. The sample shouldn't exceed 8 characters, and it should be representative for this syntax item. I need esp. help on Java, Perl, PHP3, Ruby, Flex and ChangeLog, for I don't know them good enough. So if one of you knows one of these, please sit down for some minutes and give me the short list. Feel free to provide more feedback if you like. *g*

Thanks for helping!

Martin

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD in Computer Science                            |
|  Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze       |
|  Tel +39 055 4796741, Fax +39 055 4796730           |
|  Florence - Italy         (Linux User # 158233)     |
|  Home Page        : http://www.lorenzobettini.it    |
|  http://music.dsi.unifi.it         XKlaim language  |
|  http://www.lorenzobettini.it/purple    Cover Band  |
|  http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite           |