Re: [Help-source-highlight] Processing escape sequences

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [Help-source-highlight] Processing escape sequences
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:45:32 +0100

Dario Teixeira wrote:

In the output, the "\n" sequence is translated into an actual newline,
instead of being displayed as character "\" followed by character "n".
Now, I can create a translation table to get around this problem, but
it still strikes me as a bug (or feature?) of sorts.  Why is the library
performing escape expansion in the first place?

(Facepalm) Please disregard the above; after some head scratching,
I found out the library I was using for filtering the output had
a poorly documented feature that performed the escape expansion
automatically... :-)  Problem found!

OK, no problem, it's always nice to hear that it's not source-highlight's fault ;)

ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)