help-stow

[Help-stow] Symlinks on the stow directory

From: James Jong
Subject: [Help-stow] Symlinks on the stow directory
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 16:23:40 -0400

Say I have my package directories in different locations. Can I create symlinks in my stow directory to these  package directories and use stow as if they lived within the stow directory?

e.g. say I have previously built my package foo-bar under
/path-to-foo-bar-built

and that I am using the following as my stow directory
/path/to/stow_dir

and the following as my target directory for all my packages:
~/local/stow

Can I create a sym link:
from /path/to/stow_dir/foo-bar
to: /path-to-foo-bar-built