startup

From: Rex & Bonnie Hays
Subject: startup
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 23:08:33 -0500

I just downloaded a lot of gnu s/w to a ss20 I am using to assist my studies for a Masters in Computer Science. I use it to compile programs for school. I am running Solaris 8. I wanted to use the info but it gives me the message

info: Terminal type 'xterm' is not smart enough to run Info.

I have redirected the display of the SS20 to display on a PC running xwin32 so I don't have too many monitors on my desk at home. I also tried the dtterm and got the same message except dtterm is in the message instead of xterm.

What is the program expecting so I can use the program?

Thanks

Rex Hays

address@hidden