Re: deffn

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: deffn
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 17:13:14 -0500

Greetings --

Three years ago :), you sent a texinfo.tex bug report regarding @deffn:

    In the tex output, 'Comma' is slanted, and enharmonic is bold.

See patch below.  (The only functional change is to add \empty to what
we pass to \spacesplit.)

FYI, I also found another workaround was to put empty
arguments on the line with @deffn, as in
@deffn {} {Enharmonic comma} {}

This also stops TeX from thinking the {} around Enharmonic comma are
marking an undelimited macro argument and therefore stripping them.

Sorry for the delayed fix,
karl

***************
*** 4837,4850 ****
    \spacesplit#3%
  }

! % #1, #2, #3 are the common arguments (see \defparsebody).
  % #4, delimited by the space, is the class name.
  %
  \def\defmethparsebody#1#2#3#4 {%
    \parsebodycommon{#1}{#2}{#3}%
    \def#2##1 {\begingroup\obeylines\activeparens\spacesplit{#3{##1}}}%
    \begingroup\obeylines\activeparens
!   \spacesplit{#3{#4}}%
  }

  % Used for @deftypemethod and @deftypeivar.
--- 4840,4857 ----
    \spacesplit#3%
  }

! % #1, #2, #3 are the common arguments (see \parsebodycommon above).
  % #4, delimited by the space, is the class name.
  %
  \def\defmethparsebody#1#2#3#4 {%
    \parsebodycommon{#1}{#2}{#3}%
    \def#2##1 {\begingroup\obeylines\activeparens\spacesplit{#3{##1}}}%
    \begingroup\obeylines\activeparens
!   % The \empty here prevents misinterpretation of a construct such as
!   %   @deffn {whatever} {Enharmonic comma}
!   % See comments at \deftpparsebody, although in our case we don't have
!   % to remove the \empty afterwards, since it is empty.
!   \spacesplit{#3{#4}}\empty
  }

  % Used for @deftypemethod and @deftypeivar.