Re: Structuring Problem

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: Structuring Problem
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 13:39:34 -0500

    texi seems to have weaknesses when it comes to multicoulumns

It is true that Texinfo's @multicolumn is hardly enough to produce an
arbitrary table.  That was never the goal.  What kind of table did you need?

    Now I need the following chapter structure and int won't work

I don't understand what you're trying to get.  If you mean bad_guyTM is
supposed to be a subsection of node 2, than just use @subsection, as in
the example below.  But I suppose you already know this, so you probably
mean something else.  Basically, you'll be best off if you write your
document as a standard tree structure.  (You can also then omit all the
extra pointers on the @node lines, BTW.)

    BTW is there any active development on texinfo?

Well, I released texinfo 4.3 a couple weeks ago :).  It's at
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/texinfo/ and all the mirrors.  Home page is
http://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/ as with all GNU programs.

Hope this helps,
karl

@node main