Application to output texinfo

From: Ulf Bro
Subject: Application to output texinfo
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 18:57:09 +0100

Hi

I am new to this list. I want to get in contact with persons who are
interested in an application I have written which works as a sort of outline
editor and saves the files in texinfo format.

Now, imagine you want to write a long manual or some other texinfo document.
Sure you can do that with any old editor in the world. But as soon as you
start pushing topics back and forth and the manual just grows and grows you
will have more and more trouble remembering what belongs where and keeping a
decent structure in your nodes.

Now my application "Denk" does all that for you. You just sit down and write
and when you are done with it you save it as a .texi file which you can then
convert to a book, to an .info file, to html, to PDF and all the other
things.

The application is not yet finished and I fear I will need a little help or
some critics here and there.

Unfortunately I haven't cared to write a manual in English for it yet. I have
a good manual, but it is written in German. Perhaps there is some German user
out there who would like to try it out.

Important: The application is written in Tcl/Tk and MUST HAVE Tcl/Tk 8.4 to
run it because there is been made heavy use of a feature called "lset" which
is only to be found in that version. The application will only run on a Linux
machine.

Actually it's not a real finished off application, its merely a hack
consisting of 1200 lines of program code. I have a hunch though, that this
could become a very valuable GNU tool and would enrichen the GNU world
remarkably.

I know it's a bit tricky - German, Tk8.4, Linux - but perhaps someone is
interested.

Please mail me if you are interested in helping with the good advice and
critics.

Ulf Bro
Germany