[help-texinfo] Re: [gnu.org #136509] broken links

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: [help-texinfo] Re: [gnu.org #136509] broken links
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:20:48 +1000

Alexandre Duret-Lutz <address@hidden> writes:

>[... someone else writes:]
>
>  >> in this page http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/A-
>  >> Shared-Library.html#A%20Shared%20Library the link to the libtool
>  >> introduction is broken.

A problem with the libtool pages, when I last looked, was that they
were still texi2html, so links from makeinfo are doomed, I think.

>  - this seems to be a problem with the URLs makeinfo generates
>    for cross-referenced manuals: it assumes all manuals lie
>    in the same directory.  I don't know how people usually deal
>    with this.  Maybe someone on help-texinfo@ can offer a hint.

My only idea, in the end, was to "ed" the makeinfo output with a
script.  Links to other makeinfo documents only need the right base
url, which is not too terrible.  Links to texi2html need a section
number or split-file number established manually for each link.