Re: [help-texinfo] Bugs in makeinfo --html and --xml?

From: Charlie Zender
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Bugs in makeinfo --html and --xml?
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 00:00:30 -0800

which is not a valid XML file.
Apparently this a known bug that has not yet been fixed.

No, it has already been fixed.  Yes, nco.xml is not valid DTD-wise,
but the document is well-formed and can easily be processed further.

Um, I don't know what that means, exactly.
I just mean that mozilla cannot load/display the XML file.

There were so many changes that I think it's alsmost impossible
for the package maintainer to backport them to 4.6.  Also, even
though many bugs were fixed, CVS makeinfo is not stabilized yes
so I can't suggest using it for production purposes.

OK, sounds like the fixes are in CVS but it will be a while before
they appear in Debian Sid. I can wait.

Charlie Zender, address@hidden, (949) 824-2987, Department of Earth
System Science, University of California, Irvine CA 92697-3100