Re: [help-texinfo] Problems with undefined crossreferences.

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Problems with undefined crossreferences.
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 20:54:13 -0500

    My .info files seem to be working okay, but pinfo always complains that
    they don't look like info files when I hit the 'back' button.

I can't say what the problem is with pinfo.  If Emacs Info and
standalone info are happy with it, I suggest reporting the bug and
sending the info files to the pinfo maintainer.  I very much doubt it is
related to the texinfo.tex problem.

    (@xref{File Formats}, for more).

Yes, that's fine.  Whitespace does generally work in Texinfo node
names and cross references.

    @node File Formats , Concept Index , Making API Documentation , Top

>From my experiments, my guess is to take the space away before the
first comma.  Regrettably, TeX cannot ignore such spaces as easily as
makeinfo can.  (makeinfo should probably warn about this.)

If that doesn't fix it, please send the complete texinfo file, and I
will look into it.

Thanks,