[help-texinfo] texi2dvi, German umlauts and links in the resulting PDF

From: Oliver Beck
Subject: [help-texinfo] texi2dvi, German umlauts and links in the resulting PDF
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 10:04:17 +0200

Hi folks,

when i generate a PDF from an texinfo source, an these texinfo source
includes umlauts then the resulting PDF will don't have any link to the
chapters at the Table-of-Contents. They are displayed but cannot be
followed. In the source i have @documentlanguage set to "de" and
@documentencoding set to "ISO-8859-1". When i write no umlauts in the
texinfo file then all goes fine. When i click on one Chapter-Title at
the ToC, i will see the correct chapter.

This behaviour is seen at Xpdf 2.02pl1 and Acroread Reader 5.08 for
Linux.

.o(I hope I've expressed me intelligibly)

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen/Best Regards Oliver Beck

--
 /"\ -ASCII-Ribbon-Campaign- |
 \ /    Against HTML Mail    | -Linux on an VIA EPIA-M9000-