Re: [help-texinfo] German umlauts and @node/@chapter (again)

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] German umlauts and @node/@chapter (again)
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 09:28:41 -0500

    Can I use "\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}" from TeX in Texinfo?

No.  Texinfo doesn't work with LaTeX packages or commands at all.

    Or is "\input texinfo" the only TeX-command i can use in Texinfo?

You can use some plain TeX commands, inside @tex ... @end tex, as
mentioned in the manual.  This won't help you with 8-bit input, though.

I have a number of patches for allowing 8-bit input, but there are so
many complications, I haven't been able to integrate any of them yet.

Best,
karl