Re: [help-texinfo] hyphenation with texinfo

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] hyphenation with texinfo
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 22:40:14 +0100

    I attached my tex.log included in /var/lib/texmf/web2c.
This file contains the flollowing definition:

If I type tex document.texinfo, Italian hyphenation automagically works fine!!!
If I use texi2dvi document.texinfo, hyphenation works in English.

Then I could use tex/texindex commands instead of texi2dvi script as described
in texinfo manual
at 20.2 paragraph. I can format the Texinfo file using the five steps process
based on
1) tex document.texinfo
2) texindex document.cp
3) tex document.texinfo
4) texindex document.cp
5) tex

>     And I ran tex story.
> Please look at the tex.log file, probably in /var/lib/texmf/web2c, which
> got written when tex.fmt was rebuilt.  Did Italian hyphenation patterns
> (among others) get loaded?  Please send me that file.
>     /root/docs/document.texinfo:1: Undefined control sequence
<----------- ?????
>     /root/docs/document.texinfo:1: Missing number, treated as zero
<----------- ?????
> If you run simply "tex document.texinfo" instead of texi2dvi, you'll get
> error messages with more information.  In this case, I surmise that
> address@hidden is not defined, either because your version of Babel does
> something different than mine, or because the hyphenation patterns did
> not get loaded.  tex.log should tell us the story.
>     I can't see any reference to "Figure"
> "Figure" is not hardwired in Texinfo.  If you use
> @float Figura
> (or whatever it should be), then you should get captions with "Figura".
> If this isn't the case, send the input file so I can understand the
> situation ...
> Regards,
> karl

Regala e regalati Libero ADSL: 3 mesi gratis, navighi veloce e scarichi a 1.2
Abbonati subito senza costi di attivazione su