Re: [help-texinfo] Indices in XML output

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Indices in XML output
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 09:33:28 -0500

    @synindex kw cp
    @kwindex Hallo

    this yields

    <indexterm index="cp">Hallo</indexterm>

Yes, that's a bug.  Not easy to fix (ie, untransform), I would guess.

    syn{code}index passed to XML

That much should be easy to do.  I'll look at it.

    Besides, I don't know what the actual plan is.

What makes you think there is a plan :)?

    For example, there is an <indexdiv> element mentioned in the source,
    but what is it supposed to do?

I have no idea.

We should just do the right thing starting from where we are now,
without worrying too much about the past.  The XML output has always
been a poor relation.

Thanks,
karl