Re: [help-texinfo] @heading after @node?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] @heading after @node?
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 20:07:58 -0500

    At the moment, the DTD forbids things like

    @node Blah
    @heading Blah

Well, the DTD is correct in that @heading doesn't mark a "section".  It
won't appear in the TOC, won't get automatically numbered, etc.  So
@heading shouldn't be added as an alternative to @section in this case.

     intentional constraint of Texinfo's grammar?

And the DTD is incorrect in that there is no required relationship
between nodes, sections, and headings in Texinfo.

Of course in practice there is nearly always a 1:1 (and onto)
relationship between nodes and sections.  So we might decide that for a
document to be processable into XML, it has to follow that rule and be
strictly hierarchical.  I'm not sure what the tradeoffs are.

Wdyt?