[help-texinfo] Re: "Dangerous bend" in Texinfo manual.

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: [help-texinfo] Re: "Dangerous bend" in Texinfo manual.
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 17:41:02 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Karl Berry wrote:

> Sounds fine to me.  Of course Texinfo has no support for the hanging
> indentation etc. that Knuth does, but I imagine you're already well
> aware of that.

I got it to work when I was working on drafts of one of the earlier
editions, but I ended up not using it.  The code is still there, it's
just commented-out.  It won't work as it stands in certain
environments, and I'll have to arrange something for the other output
formats.  It would be nice to make a "3D" version of the glyph, but I
doubt that I'll get around to doing this soon.
Thanks for the "go-ahead".

>     If not, do you happen to know offhand whether he's made his "man at
>     work" symbol from "The Art of Computer Programming" available
>     somewhere?
>
> I don't remember any ACP font being released -- just manfnt with the
> symbols from the texbook/mfbook.

Thanks anyway.  I'll ask on the MF list.

Laurence