[help-texinfo] Deciding which sections go into the TOC?

From: Wolfgang Pausch
Subject: [help-texinfo] Deciding which sections go into the TOC?
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 10:26:18 +0200

Hello,

one question: Does texinfo support something like section* in latex, allowing
me to decide which sections I want to have in the table of contents?

If frequently use things like subsubsections for sectioning my text, but
having sometimes five or more subsubsections per page in the table of
contents doesn't make sense in my opinion. On the other hand, a
@summarycontents is too short, I think.

Thanks for any hints, please cc me as I'm not on the list.

Wolfgang