Re: [help-texinfo] web site using texinfo->docbook->html

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] web site using texinfo->docbook->html
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 18:29:45 -0500

    For [the printed manual] I think there has to be a mechanism for
    discretionary

Right.  The answer is for @url to allow breaks at various characters as
you suggest, a la url.sty, but I haven't gotten around to doing it in
the last umpteen years :(.

    For HTML one can use "zero width space".  E.g. have makeinfo translate:

That would be nice -- even nicer if there's another Unicode space
without the "expandable" problem noted by Torsten.

Only question is, do you know what happens to the ​ on older
browsers?

Thanks,
Karl