Re: [help-texinfo] Long source code file

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Long source code file
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:45:42 -0600

    I'd like to insert C source code file in texinfo document with
    @verbatiminclude or samthing similar, but I'd like page breaks to occur
    between functions (i.e. on empty lines).
    Is it posible?

I'm afraid Texinfo is not clever enough to do anything like that
automatically.  The only approach I can think of requires a fair amount
of manual labor -- use
@group
@verbatim
function 1
@end verbatim
@end group

@group
@verbatim
function 2
@end verbatim
@end group

Etc.  But since this sort of massaging of the source is exactly what you
want to avoid, I doubt it'll make you happy.

I expect it would be possible to come up with @tex settings to prefer
page breaks at blank lines, but it's not immediately apparent to me.
Maybe another TeX hacker on this list would like to take it up.

Sorry,
Karl