Re: [help-texinfo] producing index with texi2dvi

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] producing index with texi2dvi
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 19:42:20 -0700

On 22-May-06, at 1:51 PM, Karl Berry wrote:

Hi Graham,

    especially since I think I'm doing
    something particularly stupid.

Unfortunately, it's nothing so easy :) or do I mean :(.

That's a relief. Well, kind-of. I hate asking stupid questions, but if it were just a "stupid user" problem, it would be easier to fix. :)

However, perhaps you can get around this by using texi2dvi -E (so
makeinfo does the @macro expansions).  It worked for me on a simplified
version of your test.  Let me know ...

Thanks, that works on the test. Unfortunately it produces a whole bunch of errors in the lilypond docs, but this has finally prompted me to try to understand what our macros are doing. (I've avoided our "macros.itexi" until now) I'm investigating the cause of these errors (most of them are "This command can appear only out of any environment, not in environment @quotation."); should I be using any command-line options other than
texi2dvi --batch -E lilypond.texi
? I tried a few options (like -r), but they didn't seem to change anything.

Cheers,
- Graham