Re: [help-texinfo] inserting equation number...

From: lfinsto1
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] inserting equation number...
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 11:49:27 +0100 (CET)

Jaison Ambadan wrote:

> Thanks for the detailed reply! I will definitely look into that.

You're welcome.  After posting, I remembered that I had actually
implemented equation numbering.  Separate registers are used for numbering
lemmata and theorems, as well.  I seem to remember that it did work.  One
can refer to the numbers with address@hidden' and address@hidden'.  I think
there may be a
few other commands, i.e., for the next but one, the one before the
previous one, etc.  The `TEXIPP' directory contains a `Makefile.am' file.
If you don't want to install GNU 3DLDF, you could just rename it
`Makefile' or call `make -f Makefile.am' (I think this will work) with the
appropriate targets.  You could take a look inside to see how the package
is built and run.  The shell script `runit' is used for running `texipp'.

If you have problems, and assuming you're using GCC for compilation, I
could try to fix them.  I'm quite busy at the moment, but I would try to
find the time. However, wouldn't be able to port it to a different system.

Equation numbering did work, last time I worked on this package.  I'm not
sure about math images, which was one of its main purposes.  "Math images"
are PNG files containing equations formatted with TeX and included in the
HTML output.  I had gotten this to work, but I don't remember what the
state of this feature is.  I do remember that I posted to this list saying
that people could test it, if desired, so maybe it does work.

I've never really pushed this project partly for lack of time, but mostly
because it would really be better to implement these features within
Texinfo.  However, I found it useful as a stop-gap.

Laurence