[help-texinfo] Re: subversion manual in texinfo

From: reader
Subject: [help-texinfo] Re: subversion manual in texinfo
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 15:17:49 -0600

Noah Slater <address@hidden> writes:

>> I notice the tool I have from installing docbook2X are named slightly
>> different from yours... maybe that means they are different in some
>> way?
>
> Well, first things first. Make sure you have an upto date install and
> then if you're still having problems I suggest you take this to the
> docbook2x mailing list where me or the author can help you further.

Just for the record I do have latest released docbook2X and perl
installed:
docbook2X-0.8.8 and perl-5.8.8-r4

Can you say where your binary stated here comes from (asterisks
added)?
  # convert DocBook to Texinfo, will produce lots of warnings
  **docbook2x-texi** --string-param output-file=subversion book.xml

Note the names of the installed tool here are:
reader > equery files docbook
/usr/bin/db2x_manxml.pl
/usr/bin/db2x_texixml.pl
/usr/bin/db2x_xsltproc.pl
/usr/bin/docbook2man.pl
/usr/bin/docbook2texi.pl
/usr/bin/sgml2xml-isoent.pl
/usr/bin/utf8trans.pl

As I understand it, the pl extensions were added to avoid clobbering
tools with the same names in an earlier sgml tool kit.
But notice the base name is different too:

  `docbook2texi'  not `docbook2x-texi' as yours is.

> For now at least you have my texinfo files.

And a hefty thank you on that score!