[help-texinfo] Overfull vbox messes up my index

From: Andreas Falkenhahn
Subject: [help-texinfo] Overfull vbox messes up my index
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 16:08:27 +0100

I'm experiencing a strange issue with texi2pdf. I have a rather large texi
file which is rendered into about 950 PDF pages including lots of index
pages.

The issue is triggered by adding one more item to the index. Note that
the index is already several pages worth of keywords. Just one more
@findex line then triggers the following warning:

    Overfull \vbox (79.42743pt too high) has occurred while \output is active

The effect is quite disastrous because now there is an empty page in
the middle of the index pages and the ensuing index page after the
empty page is somehow shifted down and runs all the way to the page
bottom without respecting the page's bottom margin.

How can I fix this please?

--
Best regards,
 Andreas Falkenhahn                          mailto:address@hidden