help-vcdimager

[VCDImager] GNU VCDImager/Rip 0.6.2 released

From: Herbert Valerio Riedel
Subject: [VCDImager] GNU VCDImager/Rip 0.6.2 released
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 12:58:25 +0200

hello,

/me proudly presents v0.6.2!

I'm actually working on the 0.7.x series (remember, those are supposed
to be the development releases, 0.6.x will be maintained until 0.8.x
gets released!), which will bring some really neat features... you may
hold your breath -- or join development, whatever suits best *g*

ps: if there's someone who wants to start a new GUI project, namely a
(S)VCD Designer/GNOME, please contact me! I need people helping me, in
order to make progress it in reasonable time.

...anyway, back to the latest 0.6.x stable release:

from the NEWS file:

* improved SPI ripping
* fixed ripping of vcds with additional entry points
* made album set parameters configurable by commandline
* mpeg padding on the fly implemented
* create /EXT/SCANDATA.DAT for SVCD (disabled for VCD2.0)
* detect audio streams
* mpeg scanning code rewritten
* minor XVCD & XSVCD support improvements

I hope I got all relevant bugs reported for the relase candidate
series... not that there's a problem making a 0.6.3 release sometime,
but... ;)

btw, address@hidden has contributed debian rules, which are included
in the tarball and will be maintained by him.

get it from:
 http://www.hvrlab.org/pub/vcdimager/latest/

source tarball:
 http://www.hvrlab.org/pub/vcdimager/vcdimager-0.6/vcdimager-0.6.2.tar.gz

redhat 7.1/ia32 binary:
 http://www.hvrlab.org/pub/vcdimager/vcdimager-0.6/vcdimager-0.6.2-1.i386.rpm

source rpm:
 http://www.hvrlab.org/pub/vcdimager/vcdimager-0.6/vcdimager-0.6.2-1.src.rpm

win32 zip package:
 http://www.hvrlab.org/pub/vcdimager/vcdimager-0.6/vcdimager-0.6.2.win32.zip

greetings,
--
Herbert Valerio Riedel       /    Phone: (EUROPE) +43-1-58801-18840
Email: address@hidden       /    Finger address@hidden for GnuPG Public Key