help-vcdimager

[VCDImager] SVCD question

From: Patricia Wright
Subject: [VCDImager] SVCD question
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 18:29:36 -0700 (PDT)

This is probably the wrong forum for this but I'm not sure what the right
forum is.

I've just made my first SVCD using vcdimager.  However, 20 minutes takes
about 400 MB of space.  I believe I once saw someone say on this list that
you could get 90 min on a SVCD if you were lucky.

My question is what are good ball park figures for MPEG2 encoding?  Is
400MB for approx 20 minutes normal or have I seriously screwed up
somewhere?

Thanks
        PS if someone knows of a tool which will rework a MPEG2 file
please let me know.  (Ie make it more efficent on disk space)

Patricia Wright