help-vcdimager

[VCDImager] Compiling ppmtoyuv4mpeg.c

From: KenBotwinick
Subject: [VCDImager] Compiling ppmtoyuv4mpeg.c
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 15:34:12 -0400

Hi,

First, I'd like to say "Keep up the great work Herbert!" Now on to my problem...

When I try to compile ppmtoyuv4mpeg.c  with

gcc -I/sw/include -Wall -O2 -funroll-loops -s -lppm ppmtoyuv4mpeg.c -o ppmtoyuv4mpeg

I get:

/usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for: -lppm.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm using Fink on Darwin to install the netpbm package and all of the netpbm stuff works. But in my lib folder I don't have a ppm lib. I have:

libppm.9.16.dylib
libppm.9.dylib
libppm.dylib

But none of these work when substituted for -lppm.

Is this because of some difference between static and shared libraries? I have enough UNIX knowledge to be dangerous, but I'm no programming guru...

Any help would be appreciated because I LOVE the fact that I can now make SVCDs on Mac OS X and really want to test out all the functionality, including using stills in the menus...

Thanks for any info.

Ken Botwinick
http://homepage.mac.com/kenbotwinick
AOL IM Screen name: kenbotwinick