help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] ppmtoyuv4mpeg ...

From: Leandro Lucarella
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] ppmtoyuv4mpeg ...
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 21:31:28 -0300 (ART)

El Sun, 30 Sep 2001 23:26:12 +0100 Christophe GAILLARD <address@hidden>
escribió:

CG> First, thanks to Leandro for his help !

You're welcome... :)

CG> I'm despite, for the moment i don't arrive to create a SVCD whith still
CG> Images readable on my Samsung 711 DVD player (both of test_svcd_pall
CG> and
CG> still sample, comming from vcdimager repository work fine).

jpegtopnm $1.jpg | ppmntsc --pal | ppmtoyuv4mpeg | mpeg2enc -m 2 -s -b 2500 -q
1 -G 24 -g 21 -2 1 -4 1 -N -V 400 -F 3 -o $1.m2v
mplex -f4 -o $1.mpg $1.m2v

Yes, I know this doesn't produce a real mpeg stil, but it works in my Philips
DVD711.

CG> 2) i think there is a mistake with the mpeg2enc version i use :
CG>
CG>   In the mailing list, Herbert explain how to create mpeg2 files with
CG> ppmtoyuv4mpeg end mpeg2enc.
CG>
CG>   I compile the current CVS version of mpeg2enc (version is 1.5.4).
CG> This
CG> version require letter W H and A in the YUV4MPEG  header. I 'm
CG> surprise to
CG> be the only guy having this problem.
CG> This version support -f 7 option (for still svcd) but not -T option as
CG> the
CG> exeample of Herbert !

I'm using 1.4.1, and they not support mpeg still :(, I'll check the new
version...

CG>   Leandro use the command with the following option :
CG>  mpeg2enc -m 2 -s -b 2500 -q 1  -G 24 -g 21 -2 1 -4 1 -N -V 400 -F 3 -o
CG> $1.m2v
CG>   Some off this options are not supported by the version of mpeg2enc i
CG> use !

wich ones?

CG> Perhaps, somebody can explain the mpeg2 format needed for still image
CG> on
CG> SVCD (pal in my case). I searched on the net but i don't find . I
CG> suggest to
CG> send a log of mpeg2enc and mplex command (they show lot of useful
CG> information).

Yeah! I think some mpeg still info/utils are missing to make real nice
(S)VCDs :)

--
LUCA - Leandro Lucarella