help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] Slightly off-topic: win32 cygwin compile of current mjpe

From: Herbert Valerio Riedel
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] Slightly off-topic: win32 cygwin compile of current mjpegtools
Date: 05 Dec 2001 19:01:33 +0100

On Wed, 2001-12-05 at 17:46, Nicolas Kral wrote:
> I was able to port mpeg2enc minus multithreading and the assembly
> optimizations (nasm and gcc didn't seem to like each other, and I wasn't
> about to investigate) with a couple of additional ifdefs, and routing
> #include <inttypes.h> to #include <sys/types.h>

> I didn't try porting the rest, as mpeg2enc was all I needed and I didn't
> have the jpeg library on hand.

btw, I did some cygwin porting efforts as well, you'll see them in the
current CVS; I also investigated and fixed the nasm/gcc stuff, the
problem was one '_' in the symbol table of the object files...

that kann be worked around on the gcc side, by using the asm()
directive;

as to the multithreading; the problem lies with the cygwin port not
being finished, and some static pthread_cond initializers not working
yet... a possible solution might be to use the portable threads library
as a workaround...

--
Herbert Valerio Riedel       /    Phone: (EUROPE) +43-1-58801-18840
Email: address@hidden       /    Finger address@hidden for GnuPG Public Key