help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] Hello...! Just small help...

From: Jens B. Jorgensen
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] Hello...! Just small help...
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 13:29:05 -0500

I notice the filename you are passing is

Videos/temp/video.m2v

The .m2v extension is generally used for mpeg video elemental streams. vcdimager works on mpeg *Program Streams*, which are the audio and video streams muxed together. You should first use mplex to multiplex the video and audio streams together into a program stream and then pass that file to vcdimager.

Roberto Neves Salles wrote:

Hi...

I've been trying to use mpjpeg tools and vcdimager to create some
VCDs... well, that I made ok...! And that was the good part...
When trying to make a SVCD, I encounter an error that I can't
understand...
After the mpeg2 is done, vcdimager complains...

$ vcdimager -t svcd Videos/temp/video.m2v INFO: scanning mpeg track #0 for scanpoints...
**ERROR: mpeg scan: pack header code expected, but 0x000001b3 found
(buflen = 2324)

I saw that you answered a similar question in a forum, so I'm
trying to ask you again...
I'm using a 24fps, 640x480 mpeg1 from startpoint...
It's just an anime commercial, 12 sec...

I generated the mpeg2 file many times with many different options,
but always the same error... (a different 0x0000??? in case I put
the sound...)

I don't think it's the original mpeg because I converted it to VCD
ok...

Please, help me...!

Roberto.

P.S.: By the way... do you need someone in the project?