help-vcdimager

[VCDImager] Help: ./configure fails in slackware 8.1; can't find xmlver

From: Homer Simpson
Subject: [VCDImager] Help: ./configure fails in slackware 8.1; can't find xmlversion.h
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 15:59:47 +0000

When I run ./configure in v0.7.12, I get the error below (note when I configure in 0.6.2, I don't get the error, but the make fails the same in both):

The error:
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the *** exact error that occured. This usually means LIBXML was incorrectly installed *** or that you have moved LIBXML since it was installed. In the latter case, you
*** may want to edit the xml2-config script: $XML2_CONFIG

Checking the \usr\bin\xml2-config, I see
prefix=/usr
exec_prefix=${prefix}
includedir=${prefix}/include
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib

at the top

Checking config.log, I see an error that xmlversion.h was not found.
However, it does exist; it's at: /usr/include/libxml2/libxml/xmlversion.h.

Note I have libxml2-2.4.22 and libxml-1.8.17 installed.

If I go ahead and make anyhow, (with 0.6.1 stable or 0.7.12 beta), then only vcdimager gets built; none of the actual (vcdimager, vcdxbuild, vcdxgen, vcdxrip, vcdxinfo) tools get built.

Please help--I am stuck here, and don't know what to do next.