help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] DVD authoring and burning

From: Herbert Valerio Riedel
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] DVD authoring and burning
Date: 11 Sep 2002 18:47:17 +0200

On Wed, 2002-09-11 at 17:39, Matto Marjanovic wrote:

>  >Supposedly there is a version of cdrdao or cdrecord out there that has
>  >the necessary code to burn DVD-R. However if you go to the cdrecord home
>  >page
>
> >(http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/employees/joerg.schilling/private/cdrecord.html)
>
>  >you find that the author is offering binaries but not source for
>  >cdrecord-ProDVD. Not sure why source is not available. Your second
it's a long story; j.schilling simply doesn't feel like release the
source yet... he regards it as being to precious...

> A "dvdrecord" package showed up in Debian/unstable yesterday:
>
>     dvdrecord - A tool for writing DVD's and CD's
>
>     dvdrecord is a fork off of cdrecord. It adds support for writing DVD's in
>     DVD-RW drives. It does not work with DVD+RW drives.
>
> I haven't installed it (no DVD drive!), so I have no idea what's in it.
> But that does mean that the source is available from Debian if nowhere else.

this is a fork, which hacks cdrecord up to support dvd-r writing...

plz see
http://www.vcdimager.org/dvdv.phtml

for more information about DVD authoring et al

regards,
--
Herbert Valerio Riedel       /    Phone: (EUROPE) +43-1-58801-18840
Email: address@hidden       /    Finger address@hidden for GnuPG Public Key