help-vcdimager

[VCDImager] Re: VCD picture cd creation (still images) see urls for shel

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: [VCDImager] Re: VCD picture cd creation (still images) see urls for shell script
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 09:59:37 -0400

There are two problems with your script. The more easily corrected
problem is that you creating the mpg's in /tmp,
e.g. /tmp/track_1_1.mpg, but were calling vcdxgen from a potentially
different different directory and giving the name as though the mpg
was in that directory (which it probably isn't). The message in
.vcd_createor.log :

   **ERROR: could not stat() file `track_1_1.mpg': No such file or directory

may be a little crypic, but it means that "track_1_1.mpg" doesn't exist (in the
current directory).

By the way, this gives me an opportunity to put in a plug for my
debugger to track down problems like this. Well, at least it helped me
to do so. See http://bashdb.sourceforge.net (And having written this,
I'll also say that in using the debugger I encounted one small bug in
the debugger which I guess I'll have to fix.)

The second problem is more fundamental and harder to fix. vcdxbuild
takes a list of tracks or "sequences" and these have to be motion
videos not still frames. Still frames go in in the "segment" section
and I don't know that one can specify segments using vcdxbuild.
Perhaps one should put this on the list of features to add, but until
then you need to create the XML file some other way.