help-vcdimager

[VCDImager] libvcd in vcdimager-0.7.20

From: Petr Koloros
Subject: [VCDImager] libvcd in vcdimager-0.7.20
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 00:43:20 +0100

Hi,

today I spent a lot of time with compiling vcdimager and problem is
following. I have some application which needs libcdio. This library asks
for vcdimager and vcdimager asks for libcdio. Closed ring, but the problem
lies elsewhere. Vcdimager produces libvcdinfo.pc which points on libvcd
which is not being installed (so it is not being instaled any other libvcd
files - .la .pc). Is there any way, how to install it? I've found in RH
distribution, that they have these files in their packages (libvcd.so,
libvcd.pc).

And I found another thing during compilation. When I tryied to
--disable-static during configuration, compilation failed, because libtool
did't find required .o files in the right path:

echo 'VCDINFO_0 {' > libvcdinfo.la.ver
echo "  global:" >> libvcdinfo.la.ver
nm info.o inf.o info_private.o vcd_read.o | sed -n -e 's/^.*[
][ABCDGIRSTW][ABCDGIRSTW]*[     ][      ]*\([_A-Za-z][_A-Za-z0-9]*\)$/
\1;/p' | sort | uniq >> libvcdinfo.la.ver
nm: info.o: is not file or directory
nm: inf.o: is not file or directory
nm: info_private.o: is not file or directory
nm: vcd_read.o: is not file or directory

It looks in the lib path while the required files are in lib/.libs.

Thank you in advance for any advices.

Petr Koloros