help-vcdimager

[VCDImager] find more info about SVCD disk

From: Florin Andrei
Subject: [VCDImager] find more info about SVCD disk
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 19:41:58 -0700

Some years ago, I created several SVCD disks using the method described
here:

http://linuxjournal.com/article/6631

The essential step was the creation of the SVCD image from an .mpg file
(created with mplex) like this:

vcdimager -t svcd --add-dir=SEGMENT ${name}.mpg

The problem is, some disks are not dated. I am trying to recover the
date/time information somehow.

vcd-info provides a lot of info, but timestamps and the like do not seem
to be included. Is there any timestamp info stored on the SVCD?

Also, at some point I know I started to create the .mpg files in such a
way that the timestamp was included in the file name. Is the name of
the .mpg file preserved somewhere on the SVCD? If yes, that might help
me retrieve the timestamp at least in some cases.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/