hostpkg-dev

[Hostpkg-dev] FIle-building by appending, now in CVS

From: Yann Dirson
Subject: [Hostpkg-dev] FIle-building by appending, now in CVS
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 14:44:37 +0200

I've completed the implementation of a feature that allows to build a
target file by appending lines to the file version inherited by
ancestors (task 1363).

This is done by naming the data to be appended with
"my/file.name$append", which will have its contents appended to
"my/file.name" as inherited from parent layer.

I'll now finetune the existing layers to make use of this feature
(task 1352), and then will start working on cross-workspace
inheritance (task 1354), which will allow people to derive their own
configs from the ones we provide, and then multi-inheritance (task
1355).

--
Yann Dirson <address@hidden>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Technical support manager                Responsable de l'assistance technique