hurd-devel

gnumach release

From: Roland McGrath
Subject: gnumach release
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 00:32:43 -0400 (EDT)

I've committed the new boot script stuff to gnumach.  After more testing
and another tweak from Neal, it appears to be ready for prime time (death
to serverboot).

This seems like a good time for a gnumach-1.3 release.  There have been
numerous little bug fixes, driver updates, etc. since 1.2 over two years ago.

With all that, and the boot script feature to cap it off, I feel releasish.

Marcus, can you make sure NEWS mentions all the changes you've made that
aren't just bug fixes?

Does anyone know of any pending short-term issues for the gnumach mainline?
I don't know of anything that should be dealt with before a release,
except a little more testing of the new boot script code.