hurd-devel

Checks-syms results

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Checks-syms results
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 14:48:06 -0800

Now that I have a bootable libio system, I have run the check-syms
script on it.

You may want me to rerunit with more binaries, though.  I ran it on
/bin.  That contains:

bash, bison, gawk, fileutils, gzip, gcc, g++, gcj, gzip2, binutils,
make, gdb, diff, sed, shellutils, find, flex, texutils, and mig.

(And of course, all the differnet binaries in those packages)

You can find the report at: http://people.debian.org/~jbailey/check_syms.txt

As soon as my upload is finished, there will be enough binaries in
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/libio/ to get a booting system.

(Note that the gnumach in there contains no drivers.  Haveing a useful
gnumach lying around is a good thing)

Please let me know as soon as you can whether I can proceed with this,
or need to do more tests, or what.  I think I can spend a bit of time
here and there working on this before I go on Wed.  Otherwise, others
will have to take up the Debian packaging if it wants to get started
before I come back at the end of March.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
I gotta ding ding dang a dang a long ding dong.