Re: flag day for 64-bit?

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Re: flag day for 64-bit?
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 12:37:45 -0700

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 03:27:32PM -0400, Roland McGrath wrote:

> > > The libc work will be the only thing of any substance, and that
> > > just some cut & paste.  It's just replacing foo64 functions that
> > > do overflow checks and call foo with foo functions that just
> > > call foo64.

> > Are you thinking glibc 2.2 or 2.3?

> I was thinking tomorrow (so 2.2).

Sounds lovely.  If it's early enough, perhaps the local GNU/Hurd users
group can stare at the screen and beat it up a little.  It will be me,
Simon, Ryan, and James.

I don't remember the conversations you referred to in your other email
- What would we test for to measure success (as in, how will we know
it's good enough to upload)

Jeff Bailey

 One of the great things about books is sometimes
 there are some fantastic pictures.
 -- George W. Bush