hurd-devel

gnumach-dev

From: Roland McGrath
Subject: gnumach-dev
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 00:45:26 -0800

What's the current story with gnumach debian packages?
Where is the source package that matches gnumach-dev 2:1.90.20020731-1?
debian/changelog in the oskit-mach/mainline gnumach2 cvs has nothing newer
than the gnumach-1-branch.

We need a new gnumach-dev package with current mainline's mach_i386.defs.
I don't see why these shouldn't be cut direclty from the mainline cvs and
with its debian/ files updated accordingly in cvs.

And for the binary packages, what's the story with gnumach vs gnumach1?
There seems to be a gnumach package in the debian archive and an identical
version packaged as gnumach1 on alpha.  What's the plan exactly?  Seems to
me gnumach1 ought to go into debian proper, as its the current stable
choice.  If oskit-mach works at all, we should have an experimental gnumach
binary package people can try instead of/in addition to gnumach1.  Perhaps
they should not both use the same file name in /boot.