hurd-devel

Google Summer of Code 2007

From: Thomas Schwinge
Subject: Google Summer of Code 2007
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 01:14:30 +0100

[Please follow up on <address@hidden> only; no need to be subscribed.]

Hello!

Like they did last year, Google is again hosting a Summer of Code program
in 2007.  See <http://code.google.com/soc/>.

The GNU project is again going to apply for being a mentoring
organization and has asked the various GNU subproject to already begin
collecting ideas about projects being worth attending there.  See
<http://gnu.org/software/soc-projects/guidelines.html>

Do we, the GNU Hurd project, want to participate in 2007?

A timeline is available at
<http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=60325> and condeses
to mentoring organizations having to apply this week and students having
to apply in two weeks.  Students will begin working on (and mentors begin
mentoring) their projects at the end of May and finish towards the end of
August.

I can already now estimate that I won't be able to invest a lot of time
into mentoring during that period (due to university study work).  I
nevertheless offer to again be a mentor this year.  What are other
potential mentor's comments?

Suitable tasks would again be made up from the ones already registered at
<http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?group=hurd> and from the ones you are
going to send in now.

Regards,
 Thomas