hydra-users

Re: libidn fix

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: libidn fix
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 19:59:24 +0100

> Hi Simon,
>
> Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) writes:
>>
>>> Oh, I found this message after the one on bug-libidn.  Anyway, thanks!
>>>
>>> Would you like to be added to the hydra-recipes project?
>>
>> Yeah, then I could fix minor things on "my" projects.  I don't
>> understand the Nix language but I can pattern match my way around some
>> things.
>
> Sure.  I’m happy to help when in doubt.
>
> BTW, there’s an Emacs mode for the Nix language in Nix:
> <https://svn.nixos.org/repos/nix/nix/trunk/misc/emacs/nix-mode.el>.
>
>> My first commit could be to drop the mono-without-binfmt_misc.patch
>> patch from libidn...
>
> Great, welcome on board!  :-)

Thanks!

One thing that I don't understand is where the build platforms is
configured for each project.  For example, gmp is built for i686-freebsd
and i386-sunos, is it possible to enable the same for libidn?  I
couldn't find any obvious difference between the gmp and libidn
hydra-recipe, but I'm probably looking in the wrong place.  I understand
if computing power is a scarce resource and you don't want everything
built on the more rare platforms.

/Simon