hydra-users

Re: failure emails assume nixpkgs changes are to blame

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: failure emails assume nixpkgs changes are to blame
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 16:13:51 -0500

Ludovic Courtès wrote:

> Under the assumption that build processes are deterministic, it just
> lists all the committers to Emacs and/or Nixpkgs between the
> last-known-good build and the failed build.

But it doesn't, it only lists the Nixpkgs ones, that's my point.
Eg see the input changes in http://hydra.nixos.org/build/6758185 .
There were changes in emacs and nixpkgs, but only the nixpkg committer
gets singled out for blame in the buildstatus email:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-buildstatus/2013-11/msg00000.html

Same story with http://hydra.nixos.org/build/6817782 and
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-buildstatus/2013-11/msg00011.html