hyperbole-users

Re: [Hyperbole-users] Fwd: [bug] 'kbd-key' button not working as expecte

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Re: [Hyperbole-users] Fwd: [bug] 'kbd-key' button not working as expected
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2019 11:05:20 -0500

On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 4:18 AM Marco Wahl <address@hidden> wrote:
Robert Weiner <address@hidden> writes:

With the key-chord package one can define pairs of ordinary keys and
bind them to a command.  The command is called when the two keys are
pressed (almost) simultaneously.

With this setting use the Hyperbole action key on

{ M-x find-file }

and get

M-x findile

in the modeline and also find the message in the *message* buffer.

I understand now.  Using self-inserting keys for chord actions probably isn't a good idea and certainly not '-' if you want to invoke Lisp commands.  I think Hyperbole is doing the right thing here.  You would just have to tune your chord choices to avoid interference.  It might be possible to add a delay between the sending of the key events within Hyperbole but I think there are bigger things to work on at this point.

Regards,

Bob