ifile-discuss

[Ifile-discuss] Re: ifile and BASE64 mails

From: Camillo Särs
Subject: [Ifile-discuss] Re: ifile and BASE64 mails
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 08:57:17 +0200

clemens fischer wrote:
this problem is not at all trivial to solve.

Quite right - if it were, I believe we'd all be using that solution already. :)

is the mozilla junk filter based on regexes or some adaptive scheme?

I haven't had the time to dig into the innards of it, but it uses (some kind of) bayesian classification as well. As so many other projects, it was inspired by Graham's article. I don't know what features it uses, but it does file most HTML and base64 mails correctly. Something ifile consistently fails to do.

Cheers,
Camillo