Re: [igraph] Building Package under Windows and Cygwin

From: Gabor Csardi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Building Package under Windows and Cygwin
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 18:42:54 +0200

Vincent,

indeed, this seems to be an R problem and not really an igraph problem.
I've just tried to compile it and worked fine, with R 2.3.1 and also with
2.4.0.

Make sure you read the 'Building R for Windows' page:
http://www.murdoch-sutherland.com/Rtools/
if you haven't done so yet. If this does not help i suggest to try another
package (which has C files) to whether this is igraph specific. If not
please try the R-user mailing list, you'll likely get a better answer there.

Also, please expect some more difficulties as igraph also needs the libxml2
library, so you need to have this and set the LIB_XML environment variable
before compilation. Alternatively you can modify src/Makevars.win to avoid
using this library, just remove -DHAVE_LIBXML from the parameters and also
update configure.win to not to copy the dll files.

You might also consider to simply put your extensions to a separate file (or
package) and load this packages after igraph to hide the redefined igraph
functions. This is simple and works as long as you're not modifying the C
code and you don't need to recompile igraph.

Hope this helps,
Gabor

On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 11:19:41AM -0400, Vincent Matossian wrote:
> Hi,

[...]